The Freedom Programme
The Freedom Programme aims to help women who would like to learn more about the reality of domestic violence and abuse. The aims of the programme are:
- To help women understand the beliefs held by abusive men, and recognise which of these beliefs they have shared.
- to help illustrate the effects of domestic violence on children.
- To assist women in recognising signs of potential future abusers.
- To help women gain Self Esteem and Confidence to improve the quality of their lives.
This programme has been run several times, and produces positive results, monitored through feedback sheets and a distance travelled monitoring tool, devised by Bridge. The results below were received from attendees at the end of the last course run:
- 80 % of women felt they were able to recognise the early warning signs of abusive behaviour.
- 80 % of women felt more self confident and assertive.
- 80 % of women felt more in control of their lives.
- 100 % of women felt that they had more self respect.
- 100 % of women felt they were less isolated and had a larger social network.
- 100 % of women felt they recognised all forms of abusive behaviour.
This programme runs for 6 weeks, and attendees are required to attend all sessions to achieve maximum benifit. Many women find it useful to follow this session up with the Recovery Toolkit which investigate issues in more depth.
To register an interest in attending a particular session, please Contact Us.
Sessions at the Bridge...
- Confidence Building
- Mentoring Programme
- The Recovery Toolkit
- Explore Learning
- Number and Play
- Language and Play
- Personal Safety
- Legal Surgeries
- Debt Management Surgeries
- Freedom Programme
- Healthy Relationships
- Personal Development
- Style and Image
- Home Cooking