Healthy Relationships is a 6 week course which is run at the Bridge Project. They key questions is raises are:
- Who do we have relationships with?
- What are the characteristics of a Healthy Relationship?
- What do we get from relationships?
- How can we recognise danger in relationships?
The healthy relationships programme was originally developed as a preventative tool kit. It explores the dynamics of a healthy relationship (which include family relationships, sexual relationships and friendships) through group discussions and a variety of stimulating learning tools.
The programme enables group members to identify early warning signs of abusive relationships and recognise triggers and possible negative behaviours in their own relationships.
It provides young adults with the opportunity to discuss the importance of healthy relationships in a controlled and respectful environment. This encourages positive communication between group members and provides them with the opportunity to listen to a variety of opinions and experiences. This is an important part of raising their self esteem and self awareness.
In the final week the programme investigates sexual health, including identifying the responsibility of both sexes in regards to contraception and protecting yourself from sexually transmitted diseases. It also investigates common myths associated with sexual relationships and provides tips on keeping safe, plus information on unwanted pregnancies and where to go locally for specialised help and advice.
This programme has been run several times, and produces positive results, monitored through feedback sheets and a distance travelled monitoring tool, devised by Bridge. The results below were received from attendees at the end of the 6 week course:
- 100 % felt able to recognise early warning signs of abusive behavior.
- 75 % felt more confident and assertive.
- 100 % felt more in control of their lives.
- 100 % had more self respect.
- 75 % felt they had increased their social networks and were less isolated.
- 75 % were able to recognise all forms of abusive behavior.
To register an interest in attending a particular session, please Contact Us.
Sessions at the Bridge...
- Confidence Building
- Mentoring Programme
- The Recovery Toolkit
- Explore Learning
- Number and Play
- Language and Play
- Personal Safety
- Legal Surgeries
- Debt Management Surgeries
- Freedom Programme
- Healthy Relationships
- Personal Development
- Style and Image
- Home Cooking