Style and Image
Do you want to learn to dress to suit your shape, personality, lifestyle and budget? A positive image that suits a person's personality, budget and lifestyle can lead to a boost in morale. This combined with learning to apply makeup according to natural skin tone, hair colour and eye colour can improve a person's spirit, leading to raised levels of confidence and self esteem.
The style and image sessions look at:
- First Impressions - Learn about what impact first impressions have on people's judgement. Explore our first impression of others, and the impressions we give.
- Body Language - Looking at what our body language says about us, and how little changes to our posture can have an impact on our overall image.
- Body Beautiful on a Budget - Investigating how items from the larder can be used to create home-made beauty treatments - such as Banana Wrinkle Buster, Mood Enhancer Bath Soak and Brittle Hair Treatment
- Make Up Magic - Learn the art of good application, choosing colours for your hair and eye colour.
- Hair Flair - Looking at the importance of hair in the overall impression we make, and what shapes and styles suit different face shapes and ages.
- Back to Basics - The importance of properly fitting underwear, and the benifits of shaping undergarments.
- Suit you Shape - Dressing for your body shape, for Apples, Pears, Athletics and Hour Glasses.
- Bringing it Together - Looking at putting into practice all the tips and techniques learned through the course, and investigating the way that the colours we choose are influenced by, or can influence, our moods.
This programme has been run several times, and is monitored through feedback sheets and a distance travelled monitoring tool, devised by Bridge. Feedback from the last session, run Jan-Feb 2010 indicates:
- 66 % of women felt they were now more aware of their positive attributes.
- 80 % of women experienced an increased in their self esteem.
- 100 % of women felt their style now reflected their personality.
- 100 % of women felt more confident about trying new things.
- 80 % felt they now present a positive confident image.
- 100 % felt they they now know how to dress to suit their body shape.
To register an interest in attending a particular session, please Contact Us.
Sessions at the Bridge...
- Confidence Building
- Mentoring Programme
- The Recovery Toolkit
- Explore Learning
- Number and Play
- Language and Play
- Personal Safety
- Legal Surgeries
- Debt Management Surgeries
- Freedom Programme
- Healthy Relationships
- Personal Development
- Style and Image
- Home Cooking