Language and Play for ages 0-3 years.
Being a parent is the most important job in your life and the most challenging. You are your child's first educator, and play a huge part in the development of your baby. You can help to give your child a great start by sharing cuddles, talk, rhymes, sharing a story each day and playing together!
Language and Play is a 6 week course for mothers and children aged 0-3 years. It focuses on enhancing early communication, language and literacy through the medium of play!
Themes to be explored include:
- The importance of talking to your child
- Everyday routines
- Books, stories, songs and rhymes
- Pre-writing skills
Including Language in play time with your child does not need to be difficult or costly; you will be amazed at how many simple household items can be safe inclusion in play time, enriching your childs early learning experience.
This programme has been monitored through feedback sheets and a distance travelled monitoring tool, devised by Bridge. The results below were received from mothers attending the latest course:
- 50 % of women felt more confident when communicating with their child through talk, play, books and everyday experiences
- 75 % of women felt their child had a daily routine - dressing, meal times, bath time, bed time
- 100 % of women felt more confident talking and listening to their child when out and about
- 50 % of women now regularly play actively with their child
To register an interest in attending a particular session, please Contact Us.
Sessions at the Bridge...
- Confidence Building
- Mentoring Programme
- The Recovery Toolkit
- Explore Learning
- Number and Play
- Language and Play
- Personal Safety
- Legal Surgeries
- Debt Management Surgeries
- Freedom Programme
- Healthy Relationships
- Personal Development
- Style and Image
- Home Cooking